We traded Bella...


For Daisy...

< My wonderful husband brought home a puppy (Bella) 2 weeks before Christmas. She is a miniature daschund. We have loved Bella and gave it our all, but in the end, we have learned that A: Daschunds are impossible to potty train; and B: we are not inside dog type of people. I feel terrible but I cannot do the poop and pee in my house anymore. Between Carson and Bella, I was cleaning up poop all day long. I started thinking and when we have another baby, I do not want to worry if the dog is around it or if the carpet is to dirty to let the baby crawl around. I like to think of myself as someone who doesn't give up, but I just couldn't to it anymore. Anyway, high fives all around to all you who have inside dogs; not for me! So...we couldn't get rid of a puppy without replacing it. My brothers dog had puppies and my kids have been loving on them since they were 1 week old. My awesome mom and dad said they would take Bella(my mom has the patience for her) and we could have one of Chris' puppies. Daisy is a coon hound mix. Best of all, she will be an outside dog, to play with in the backyard and take camping. She will be so good for our 9 year old chocolate lab, Nellie. It was a hard decision but in the end it will be better.

10 comments:
Mindy,
Cute blog! I love your family pictures too! You look beautiful and Halle is such a doll...ok your boys are darling too. Good to catch up!
Oh, I am going to miss Bella! At least she won't be far away. If Austin wants anymore french kisses from her I'll go over to your mom's house!! I admire your patience, you did give it your all-don't feel bad! We need to come meet Daisy, how fun for Nellie!
Mind-I agree it is way hard to have an inside dog! Daisy is so cute, so is Bella!
I can't believe how big your kids are. Where does time go? I found your blog on Julie and Chads so I hope you dont mind if we peek.
I tip my hat to you. JJ wants a dog so bad. I just can't bring myself to go through the potty training again. I guess it is house training whatever.
I have wanted a dog forever and until we have a good yard I just can't do it. I am like you and would want to be an inside dog person but I just know I couldn't do it! Daisy is ADORABLE!!!
Hey Mindy! It's Missy Couser. I have been checking out all the DHS blogs for a while, but never got around to leaving comments. I can't believe all the times we've been in Utah we haven't run into you. Your family is so adorable. I hope you don't care if we keep peeking! My email is missy.couser@yahoo.com. I'd love to catch up with you! :)
Are you kidding Miss! Peek away! So good to hear from you.
One more comment on Missys remark. If your peekin', I want to hear from you. I know your there. I can see my number thing going up. Please say Hi, I want to know who loves me!
Mindy - bless you for being so patient!!! I loved my dogs before I had kids, but then - it was just too much. I seriously cleaned my house way more with dogs then now with kids - they are messy!!!
Post a Comment