Do you ever feel like when you do things as a family, that it is more of a fight and craziness than it is fun. Well, Steve and I feel that way, especially when Carson is with us. It seems like all we do is discipline him, change diapers, clean up after him and watch so he doesn't run away. Anyway, we have found that to spend quality time with our older ones, Caden and Halle, that we have to do things more one on one with them. It gives us more time to talk, laugh and just have fun. Steve and Caden are always doing fun things together; hunting, Lake Powell fishing, etc. This has nothing to do with my expensive picture. So it was mine and Halles turn (Steve and Caden were hunting.) She was so excited to go see Disney Princesses on Ice. I bought 3 tickets so she could take a friend. Steve took Caden and a friend to the Monster Truck show in February. Anyway, I packed my huge camera with the awesome lens into the Delta Center. I got Halle and her little friend, Taevey, all posed and smiling and of course, the camera battery was dead. NO PICTURES!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS? I was so excited to get pictures of the princesses and of the look on Halles face as she watched her favorite, Jasmine. So I got stuck with paying $18 for this one. Oh well, at least she'll know we were there.
13 years ago

14 comments:
The picture is so cute! You are nicer than me! Taylor saw that stupid Ariel thing and begged to have her picture with it and I said NO WAY! (I did have my camera to take pictures though so I might have felt differently if I had been in your boat). I was pretty clever though, I told her that that Ariel was just for kids who don't get to go to Disneyland and have their picture with the real Ariel.
Halle looks adorable in the picture. Jasmine is Taylor's favorite too so she wore her Jasmine costume to the show.
How fun!! I wish I were Halle's friend that she invited, I love Disney on Ice!!!
I wish I got to go to Disney on Ice. Oh yeah, I forgot I don't have any kids...I have to live through yours. I want to go see Horton hears a Who...can I take your kids? That will be my excuse! I love you!!
That is such a bummer! That is such a cute little picture of Halle and her friend though! It will be so fun when Taylor gets old enough to do those fun girlie things!
Okay Mindy, we should of gone together! I was there last night with Maren and totally wished I would of invited a little friend to come with us. Love the $18 picture. Don't worry, I purchased a $12 snow cone. Gatta love it.
It's always when you need the batteries that they are dead isn't it? I hope your $18 picture came with a gold frame:) I would have done it too..in fact the last time I took my kids to Disney on Ice..I ended up buying this plastic horse with a Disney saddle with Belle on it..I think that was like $30 bucks! Look at it this way..I bet you will have that picture forever...sadly that wasn't in the cards for our $30 horse :)LOL
We love Disney on Ice! I bet Halle loved it. By the way your blog is so cute.
Hi Julie Johnson! When are you going to start your blog? See you Tuesday!
I don't know. I kind of just like stalking you guys!
I totally feel like outings are usually more of a fight than fun. But you don't want the older kids to feel bad about never going anywhere. I am glad that you guys went to Disney on Ice!! That is so magical for little girls. I can't count how many times I have spent too much money on stupid stuff just because I want my kids to be happy!! I say you are a good mommy!
Gotta be honest, I bought tickets for Bailee...but mostly for ME! I took her on a "date" to the disney on ice here and I LOVED it! You're a good mommy :-)
That totally sucks!!! I would be so bugged!!! Although - the picture is darling! (What if Halle had her eyes closed or something...- then I would really be bugged!!!)
SOOO cute! Don't ya love how Disney has a way of making you feel like a picture by a sign is worth $18 bucks. Seriously. I love disneyland, and could seriously live there, but would be broke after 2 days. I do love disney on ice too. So magical. Also, I here what you are saying about the little ones. It does make it harder to do fun things with the older kids. We have really been working on that too. Which is another reason why I think we are D.O.N.E. So I can move on to phase 2, whatever that means, and whatever it brings! Your doing a great job. Way to go spend special one on one time with Your Princess.
What a fun mom you are!!!!
Post a Comment