Monday, March 17, 2008

What a stud!!

Speaking of doing fun things with each individual kid (see post below), we finally found a Saturday to teach Caden how to ski. We have wanted to for so long but just didn't seem to have a free day. So, thanks to my wonderful mom for watching Halle and Carson, we were able to take him. Steve is an excellent skiier and very patient. He was dead set on teaching Caden himself. And he did. Of course, Caden caught on very quickly (Halle may be another story!) He did so good. It took him 1 run to get the feel of the "A" and then he was good to go. We stayed on the bunny hill for quite a while (Deer Valley has great bunny hills) and after lunch, we ventured to the bigger lifts. Caden did so good. Him and Steve had to wait for me, I'm a little more cautious now that I have 3 chillens depending on me. Steve even took Caden on a pretty steep hill that I went around.

There is something about watching your child learn and succeed. We were the proudest parents ever. We could have skiied the bunny hills all day as long as we got to watch Caden, cheer him on and just be with him. What a fun day!





getting the feel of it with the help of a wonderful dad



By the end, he was crusin' down the hill!

7 comments:

Jennie said...

you guys are such cute parents! I love the Broncos hat too Caden! :) Bay really wants to have her dad take her snowboarding ... I might have to give in! oh Mind our pictures were taken by Haley Miller (captures photograpy) She's so good! We use her for everything!

Niki said...

FUN!! I agree, I love to watch Tate ski!! Looks like a fun time!

Julie J. said...

I'm so jealous of your pictures! I wish I would have gone when Jared took Paige, so that I could have taken pictures! Caden is awesome. I knew he would catch on quick.

Jewels said...

Awesome Job Caden!! Not quite as impressive as your muscular knee boarding pictures or diving off the house boat but still I put it right up there!!

Hilary said...

I love it. He is a Harris natural, it runs through their blood. Good job Caden!! I agree, there is truely something about watching your kids succeed at things, it's awesome.

cragun family said...

He is so cute. What a natural to be cruisin down the mountain on his own same day. AWESOME! We have porter and Kael skiing, and the best thing we ever bought were those backpack with the handle on it. It saves your back. However looks like Tate won't be needin' that, Way to go!!!

Heather said...

You guys are so fun to take him skiing and teach him new things. I am so glad he liked it. We need to all go. Craig and I haven't been for a while. Tell Cade I love him!