Monday, May 4, 2009

Where to begin...

As you can tell by my blogging updates (and comments, sorry!) April was a pure chaos for the Harris family. It all started out mid February when I called to get the prices on a couple lots here in Syracuse (2 lots right together). Next thing I knew we had bought both of them and were getting bids from contractors. Our original plan was to buy the lots and sit on them for awhile. They are just north of where we are now, so the kids won't change schools or anything. But, with the market the way it is, we figured now was a good time to build (everyone needs work!) We also thought (with the market the way it is...) that it would take all summer for our house to sale. Boy were we wrong!! We got a full price offer in 2 days! We were ecstatic! We were so excited to sale so quickly but also so sad to leave. We moved into this house when Halle had just turned 1 and Caden was turning 3. We brought Carson home to this house. We were in our first house for 5 years and sad to leave that one, but I think so much more has happened at this house, so many more memories with the kids, that is was very sad to go. I couldn't even drive by without tearing up. I have had to go over since, to get mail and it is so sad to see other peoples things in your house. We had 5 years of fun and lots of love in this house and we are going to miss it deeply. I swear, I will NEVER move again! April was filled with packing, trips to the DI, packing, and looking for rentals. We finally found a cute little house just minutes from our old one. Caden and Halle are still able to play with their friends and make more!! We were lucky enough to stay in our old ward until our house is built...so no changes there! Anyway, we are now (for the first time in our 10 year marriage) renters! We have a landlord and everything. This is a very weird and new experience for us, but luckily it is temporary (10 months or so). The kids are adjusting well and making lots of new friends. So, life is pretty much back to normal. Now we are focused on summer vacations, starting the next years school year (end of July) and building.
Here are a few FUN things we did in April!
For spring break, which was a Thursday and Friday, I took the kids to my sisters condo up by Deer Valley. We needed a few days of fun and relaxation. Steve had to work, so it was just me and the kids. Of course, they loved swimming, even if it was freezing cold!
We drove into Heber and rode the Heber Creeper! You can't go to Heber without eating at the little train diner place. I can't remember what its called but it is all themed around trains!



Next came Easter. The kids (well, Halle and Carson, Cadens to cool!) were dying to see the Easter bunny. They made pictures for him and everything. Of course we get there and Carson refuses to see him. Luckily, we ran into Heather and, being Carsons 2nd mother, she was able to coax him into getting one picture!
Easter morning
We had many easter egg hunts to attend! We have had my family easter egg hunt and dinner at my house for the past couple of years. The house was pretty much bare, but we had our last family harrah at our house! Onto bigger and better.....right!!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Sounds like you guys had a busy busy April!! I am so excited for you. That will be so nice to build and because to put everything that you want into your house. I may be asking to stay with you now when I come to utah!
That makes me so sad that Caden is too cool for the Easter Bunny. He cannot be that big yet! Time has gone by too fast.

Mindy said...

Hil,
You are always welcome!