Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Nassau, Bahamas

Nassau was probably my favorite port. We started the day snorkeling in crystal clear water. It was pretty windy and a little chilly. We weren't sure who would actually get in the water and do it, but in the end, we all did!! It was so fun to ride the catamaran and see all the beautiful houses and yachts. We even saw Atlantis, which I would love to vacation at someda

After snorkeling, we shopped at the "fake purse" shops. Anyone who know me knows that I love purses, so of course, I walked away with 2 purses and a wallet! We decided to rent scooters and stroll around Nassau. I was laughing so hard at how ridiculous we looked on these lame scooters and dirty helmets. Whenever Johnsons would turn, sparks would fly behind them. Their kickstand was left down!! We had no clue where we were going but ended up riding all over the town. Steve has been begging for a Harley. Hopefully this cured his craze for awhile.



We came home to find out that Caden got threw up twice, got pink eye and missed 2 1/2 days of school. Sorry Heath!! My sister in law Anna had her baby while we were gone too! Thank you, thank you, thank you mom, Heather, Diane and everyone else who helped take care of the kids while we were gone. We couldn't have done it without you!!!

5 comments:

Niki said...

Man...I am so jealous! It looks like you had a great time. And it is just the way it goes that kids get sick while you are gone!!

k8shoe said...

I'm super jealous too. Looks fun like a fun time!

Jewels said...

Is it sad that I am ready to go back?!? We had such a good time with you guys. Thanks for being such awesome friends. We love ya and if Steve leaves you for the stingray you can stay with us!!

Diane said...

We had a great time with the kids!! Happy to do it! Man, what I wouldn't give to be somewhere tropical right now!! Glad you guys had such a great time!

Hilary said...

Looks sooo nice!!! I am drooling over the water. I am happy that you got an adult getaway, it is such a blast to get to be with your husband and actually talk without kids interrupting and being able to fly by the seat of your pants.