So, New Years is by far my least favorite holiday. So much pressure to stay awake till midnight. There are only a few New Years I remember. One, I think it was my senior year in high school (maybe junior). We hung out at Matt Redds and all kissed him at midnight (a little peck, chilax!) ***Davis High girls--help me remember!! The other was a couple years ago, before President Hinckley v-towed poker; We went to our good friends the Broughs and partied like rock stars. The kids all played and watched movie while Buzz, Curt and Mark all taught us how to play poker. No suprise here, Steve got tired and was ready to go home. I wasn't. Embarrasingly enough, Steve took the kids home as did Chad Brophy while Julie and I stayed and played poker till 4 am. Good Times.
So anyway, this year Steve (remember this is my awewome husband who fell asleep in the movie theater when we were dating, SWEET!) thought it would be fun to have the kids invite some friends over to ring in the new year. Caden and Halle had gone to Classic Skating with their friends Caleb and Aiden earlier that day. We thought we'd give their parents a break and invite the 2 boys over.
We had fun playing play doh,
watching "The Hulk",
12 years ago







7 comments:
That is stinking HIlarious!! Our kids were dozing off by 10:30 and I was in bed by 11:15. My party gene is gone too!
That poker party was awesome, I can't believe we stayed up that late. This year I was asleep at 10:00, I'm such a loser. In fact, I was thinking this is the first year since I was like 13 that I didn't have plans on New Years. Oh well, I was just resting up for the big vacay next week. Does the poker rule apply in international waters?
So funny your kids fell asleep, that was great!
Mindy you failed to mention that we kicked all those boys trash that night and that they were like 16 and we were 25 and married-how embarassing! I LOVE your kids sleeping, that is so funny. I still remember the night we partied at your house and you guys actually went upstairs to bed and told us to turn the light outs on our way out!! Glad your new year was fun with the neighbor kids-so funny!
Your kids are typical! New Years is definitely over rated--I agree! We called it quits before midnight too!
I envy people that get their kids to bed at a decent hour. We rang in the new year ate crab and played the wii. I think our kids went to sleep around 1:30am.
New Years isn't quite the same once you have kids. Your hubby is sweet to let the kids have friends over....my husband would never suggest that unless the parents were coming to hang out too! If there is no betting involved, is poker still bad?
Looks like a great time! I think we had the same schedule. Gosh...what happend to me. Oh, three kids :)
Post a Comment