Monday, November 30, 2009

our first ER visit

Look at my cute boy...before..during...(look at his tooth hanging out)
and after...

Oh, his perfect teeth are gone...for the next 3-4 years that is!! What a story; it all happened on Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving. We had just gone to dinner as a family and had stopped by Diane and Tylers to give Owen and Trey their birthday presents. We weren't there but 5 minutes and Carson came running up the stairs BAWLING. He was bleeding out of his mouth everywhere. I was fine. I saw his lip and thought, "oh, he's going to need stitches on that one." Then, after emptying out his mouth full of blood, I saw his 2 poor teeth, hanging by the roots. That was when mom had to duck out because I can't stand teeth and when you see your babies teeth hanging out of his mouth, it's just not a pretty picture ( I know, many of you have seen much, much worse). Anyway, Steve and Di had to take over from here. It was 6:30 at night; we were in a panic and didn't know where to go or who to call. I was running around frantic and the next thing I know, Diane is calmly on the phone with her neighbor who is a dentist. We left all the kids with Caden and ran to the dentists house who told us to go to the ER. Steve and I headed straight up to McKay Dee. I want you to know that priesthood blessings work while driving in the car without seatbelts and while speeding!!! Carson got sedated and once again, I had to leave the room. I would have been fine for the stitches, but not for pulling the rest of his teeth out. Luckily, Steve was fine and stayed in the room with him. This cute grandpa and his daughter were there because their mom had fallen and broke her hip. They were so nice and gave me lots of hugs! I was very grateful.
All is well now! All the drugs he had put in him helped him sleep all night long. He was a little out of it the next morning until Caden and Halle came home from G & G's and then he was back to his happy, hyper self. Thanks mom and dad for letting the kids sleep over and thank you Talbots for letting us just leave Caden and Halle with you. Sorry about your carpet!!

4 comments:

Niki said...

OH my.....that is so sad! What a tough little guy!

Jewels said...

Wow, it's even worse then I pictured it to be! I'm so sorry!! Poor little dude, I hope he is feeling better now!

Anonymous said...

Oh poor buddy! That looks SO painful! I'm glad he's doing better now!

Megs said...

Oh my, I am glad he is okay. We have been to the ER but never for blood. Those ones scare me. I am sorry you had to deal with that. I am glad he is fine. Ellie is missing her front tooth. Sometimes I have to remind myself this is only temporary. That is the vain girl in me. It is just hard when you see how cute the mouth was before the teeth came out. Hang in there. Only 3-4 years No biggie:)