Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cadens 8th birthday!

Don't you worry...I'm back! Holy cow, this summer is flying by. I have so much blogging to get caught back up on, so I'm starting where I left off. Keep checking though, I will try to fit in some posts in my spare time!!
I take you back to June 13, Cadens 8th birthday - seriously, where does time go! If feels like yesterday that we brought our baby boy home from the hospital, to a quiet, clean little house, not knowing what in the heck to do next! Caden was the best little baby (I was a baby too, at just 21). We have had such the adventure. Of course being the first born, everything is trial and error with him! I remember having all the time in the world to read to him, sing songs, lay on the floor and just play and tickle and laugh. Now our life consists of where to be next and how many friends can I play with today! He is getting so big! I love you Cade and am so happy your my big baby boy! You'll always be my firstborn and I love you for that! Happy "late" birthday buddy! Whatever happened to getting a cool dump truck for your birthday? How old are you...8??!!
The cool thing to get for your birthday now is gift cards! And jerseys, and DC's, and money, and footballs, and Nike socks, and UnderArmor...seriously talk about peer pressure. All 8 year old boys are the same! And I thought girls were bad.
party hardy!! Cadens best friends birthday just happens to be 2 days later than Cadens. Since they pretty much have the same friends, we combined their party into one. They both chose to play lazer tag and it was a huge success. Steve, Halle, Carson and I even got in on the fun! Talk about a workout!!
The birthday boys! Caleb and Caden


3 comments:

buzzanna said...

So fun..he's growing up so big. That pic of the kids was so cute on Julie's blog. I remember taking newborn pics of Caden and McKenna at your cute clean house. It was really quiet there wasn't it.

Good times!

Melanie said...

I can't believe he is 8! That is just crazy, time goes so fast!

Jewels said...

Happy Birthday Caden!! Such a handsome little dude! I can not beleive how fast 8 years has flown by, it kind of makes me sad!! See you tonight :)