Saturday, July 18, 2009

Baptism Day

I can't believe I am old enough to have a child getting baptized! Oh the worries of an 8 year old on his baptism day! "Will the water be warm? (I heard it was scorching hot!!) What if my toe comes up? (bend your knees), I'm nervous!!! Cadens baptism day turned out great! We are so proud of him for choosing to be baptized. If you know Caden, you know he DOES NOT like to be in the spotlight. He has never chosen to do a talk in primary and cried when he had to do his oral report in 2nd grade. He has major anxiety about being the center of attention (and always has! Halle and Carson, of course, have no problem with this!!) Anyway, a few years ago, after attending a cousins baptism, he said he didn't want to be baptized. Not because he didn't want to be a member of the church, he just didn't want the attention. So for him to have the whole day devoted to him, he put his brave face on and did great!! My mom and Steves mom gave great talks and Steve did a great baptism and confirmation! During the baptism part, I couldn't keep my eyes off my 2 big boys! I love them so much and Caden, I am so proud of you! I asked Caden after if he felt different, and he said, "Yes!!" Let's hope he can always remember that special feeling!



4 comments:

Melanie said...

that is so exciting! I still can't believe he is 8..where have the years gone?

Niki said...

That is so great! I still remember seeing Caden in the hospital, where does the time go??

Hilary said...

I am literally sitting here crying!!! I cannot believe he is 8. I remember going to the hospital to see you guys after he was born. He is such a big kid.
In the end of the year pictures they look like the boys I remember in elem, it can't have been that long ago and now here you are with this grown up boy!!! I am so happy for him, what a great day! you are a great mom!!!

Jewels said...

Caden has such a special spirit about him, I loved Steve's blessing, it was perfect. Thanks for letting us share in your special day!!