After years of playing (and not loving) every sport, I think we've finally found ours!! Caden was old enough to play tackle football this year but after hearing that they have practice everyday of the week with 2-3 hour games on Saturdays, we chose to find a FLAG football league. I couldn't believe how well Caden did. He by far led his team into the playoffs. Thanks to his lightning fast speed, he scored touchdown after touchdown (it may seem like I'm bragging and maybe I am; I'm just a proud momma!!) Literally, no one could catch him. And when it was his turn to pull flags off, he would come out of nowhere and dive for them. The games were so much fun. Steve even lost his voice at one. All in all, they took 2nd place of all the teams from Clearfield to Brigham City. After the championship game, his coach (who was awesome) pulled Caden aside and told him that he was his best player and he thinks he should play tackle next year! Now that I know he's awesome, all the time it takes for tackle will be worth it. Way to go Caden, you rock!!
Yes, thats a girl in the purple! And wow, she was fast.
I should have posted this a month ago, but haven't gotten around to it. Steve finally got mad at me for not having it on here, so Daddy, this ones for you!! Steve shot his first Buffalo back in January. He, of course, had the head mounted and had to go back to Colorado to pick it up. Well, he figured since he was going, he might as well take Caden and let him shoot his first one!! What the heck...do you know many 7 year olds who have shot a buffalo? Not me!! But he was so excited. Steve went out and bought him his very own gun (which is stored in our safe), and Caden aimed and hit it, twice!!! I asked him before he left if he would feel bad when it died and he said, "why would I feel bad", like duh mom, it's cool! So, thank you Caden, for providing for our family!!!
Proud Pappa!!
Our little hunter!!
12 years ago

6 comments:
He got his own buffalo? Holy cow! Does buffalo meat taste good?
Way to go Cade!! I'm so glad he is loving it! Those buffalo pictures are hilarious-how proud Steve must be! Have fun trick-or-treating tonight!
SERIOUSLY!!! Could he be any more BOY? That is so awesome about the flag football. And you should be bragging that is so awesome. And the hunting is so far from anything we have ever done. My boys would totally cry over a dead animal, and they for sure wouldn't get close enough for us to take a picture. Caden is so amazing, and what a cool dad to take him huntin!
HOLY CRAP! That is creepy but so cool all at the same time. I can't believe he hit it. I bet Steve is so dang proud. Way to go Caden.
Hi Mindy, this is Meghan Campbell (Heather's friend...I found your blog off of hers). Your family is SO cute, I can't believe how fast your kids are growing. I love the pictures of Caden playing flag football - tell him way to go, being the star player! Hope all is well.
Maybe Caden is on his way to the NFL?! He is totally all BOY. Looks like he is on top of the world right now. You deserve to be proud. By the way, how does Buffalo meat taste? If it's good maybe I'll try a buffalo burgar next time I'm at Cabelas.
Post a Comment