Caden and Halles first day of school. Blasted year round schools...we had a 3 week summer, but we'll be off track for 3 weeks in September. Caden started 2nd grade this year. Last year, I drove him to school, took pictures, hung out for awile...this year it was just basically just another day. He met up with his friends and they all rode bikes. He's getting to big!
Enjoy dressing your kids while you can! I took Caden and Halle to get some new shoes for school. Halle had her opinion but pretty much let me pick out whatever I liked best. Caden on the other hand, saw a commercial for shoes "with rhinos on the side" and refused to get anything but! We found them at Journeys Kids. They look like scater shoes to me, but whatever, he says " everyone wears them".
Halle started kindergarten and of course loves it! She goes in the afternoon so all morning all I hear is, "when is it time for school" (maybe I should've done mornings!) I was thinking back to Cadens first day of kindergarten. He had seperation anxiety so bad, the poor teacher had to literally pry him off of me! Halle was, luckily, all smiles! She's such a girl! I thought I'd be okay, emotionally, but seeing my little girl in the "BIG" school got to me...as I'm sure it does most moms.
12 years ago

9 comments:
I can't believe the are back in school already! Bummer. I am seriously dreading it. Actually I don't even know when school is supposed to start. I think I am doing it on purpose, I haven't even tried to find out. Maybe if I ignore it, it will go away.! They are so cute and look so big. By the way, I also saw the commercial on those Echo shoes, and they look dang cool, and apparently last FOREVER! :) Already Stylin'!
I am feeling for you right now. My kids don't start until the end of August. I am going to miss them terribly. I think they are gone way to long.
Kindergarten doesn't make me cry but first grade I cried for a week with JJ. Emma starts first this year...I can't even think about it without crying.
Those are some kickin shoes!! Oh My! I knew Halle would absolutely LOVE it! How fun for them to be in school together, I hope Halle will claim Caden as her big brother with those happening shoes on! The only thing I ever remember just dying to have were LA Gear shoes and Girbaud jeans-those were the days!!
Mindy I hate to say it but it gets worse....my girls don't let me pick anything out. I do anyway, but they HATE it! That's so great that Halle was such a trooper for school. Jonathan is bound to be a big whiner. I wish he could start Kindergarten this year with other kids from his primary class, but he misses the cutoff and won't go til next year.
...and I HATE year round school too!
I can't belive your kids started school already! So crazy! I can totally relate... I don't pick school clothes anymore either! Wyatt would love the shoes:)
Year round is crazy! They both look so excited to be in school! It's so hard to let them go, but my kids are driving me nuts right now and are asking when school starts. But when it does, I know I'll cry and miss them!!
2 kids in school...does it make you feel older? Halle looked so cute. Kenna still wants to have her over to play. And Caden has always seemed so grown up to me.
I cried on Kenna's 1st day of kindergarten, I think 1st grade might be worse. I hope your kids do well, they're so cute.
Are you kidding, I will be a total mess on Jackson's first day of Kindergarten! The kids are so big. I can't believe Caden is so into fashion, it starts so early!
So Cute!! I can't wait for Cohen to start(3 more weeks). So, Julie was not suppose to post my address for all to see. I had her set my blog up for me so I could see the pictures of my boys. We'll see how often I post. I am so excited for Park City and no, I am not going digital. Scissors and kits for me. I'll get you your money soon
Post a Comment