Tuesday, November 30, 2010

New York, New York!!

Back in September (I know, I'm way behind, but I'm behind in scrapbooking too...so this is my journaling until I can get caught up!!) I took my mom to NYC for her 55th birthday!! My sister Heather was able to come, as was Halle and my older sister and her 2 girls! What a great time we had!
We started off the trip by visiting the Today show! Halle was our ticket in!! Everyone kept saying how cute she was and that got us close to Meredith and the cameras!

We started our shopping with the American Girl doll store! Holy cow, 4 levels of dolls and accessories! Halle was in heaven!

She just HAD to get her face put on the cover of the magazine!

We had brunch at the cute American Girl Cafe! It was seriously the cutest place ever!! It was all black, white and hot pink and very, very girly!! She was able to have brunch with her 2 loves...Rebecah and her new doll Lanie!

Halles first trip on the subway! I don't think I have ever held her hand so tightly!
We took this great Harbor Cruise to see Manhattan Island, the Statue of Liberty and the Brooklyn Bridge! Of everything we saw, Halle loved the Statue of Liberty most!

Halle and Miley Cyrus! Look a little closer! I kept trying to think of things Halle would think were fun. I would have been fine staying on 5th Avenue all day, but she got bored. We walked by the wax museum and gave it a try. It was so cool!
One of the highlights of the trip was getting all dressed up, having a nice dinner and seeing Wicked! Halle saw Lion King in SL a few weeks prior. I asked her which she liked best and she said Wicked! Good Choice!!



The whole gang!
On the last day, we took a little ride through Central Park. I had been to New York 6 years ago with some friends but we skimmed thru the park. It was nice to see the whole thing this time. Halle and I even went to the Central Park Zoo. Here she is at the Stuart Little boat race pond.
It was so nice to spend some time with just the girls! Thanks to Steve for staying home with the kids and being the best husband ever!!

0 comments: