Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sturgis, baby...

As we have learned this year, Steve has a new love for motorcycles. Harley Davidsons to be exact. He and a few co-workers all got new bikes and have formed a little biker gang (thing Wild Hogs!) One of Steves clients also rides. They all got talking and decided it would be an adventure to ride 1600 miles to South Dakota to see the big motorcycle biker rally called Sturgis. Off they went, 1600 miles in 3 days! Blake, Jared and Steve (buddies from work)
They hit Martins Cove in Wyoming on the first day.

Not even in Sturgis yet...just on the way. It is crazy how many bikers go. They met a couple from New Zealand.

They got to Sturgis at 7 am. They got their "I was here" t-shirts and off they went. Apparently, Sturgis is like spring break for bikers. Not to worried, though. Their client is in the stake presidency, Steve in the elders quorum presidency and Jared and Blake are good church going boys (well, Blake is!!)

On the way home, they were able to stop at Mount Rushmore. I was jealous of that. I have never seen it and would love to one day. Again, look at all the bikers!

Blake only ran out of gas once! Besides their hands falling asleep and riding in the rain, it was the only major problem they had! Steve told me they started every morning with a prayer, which I thought was great! I made him text me at every stop...just to make sure all was well.

They love it...crazy boys!!!
WILD HOGS!!!

1 comments:

buzzanna said...

That actually looks so fun! The pictures are really pretty too (I mean the backgrounds, not Steve :) I'm a chicken, so I would need to pray a few times everyday. I'm glad he got to do it, what an adventure.