Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Big 3-0!

What a crazy week we just had! Besides it being the week of Valentines Day and trying to get settled in the new house and the kids being off track ALL month, we got called to be the Bear Leaders in our new ward, had to talk in sacrament meeting and had my 30th birthday! Steve did so great at making it a special one. On my actual birthday the kids and I planned to go to lunch with my mom and sisters. Steve left work early to join us (which is a rare occasion). That night we took the kids to Tepanyaki. It was a weekend of eating; the next night we went to dinner with some good friends and Sunday Steve planned for his side of the family to join us for dinner! Whew...we were exhausted. But we only had 3 days to rest because our anniversary was the next Thursday.

The kids were so excited! They have been planning for months to get wrapped up in a box and jump out yelling "Suprise" for my big day! Steve found a big box, wrapped them up and out they came! I admit, I knew about it, so I had to act all suprised!


Caden not to fond of chop sticks!!

Halle got it down!
And Carson tried!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday! I was thinking of you on that day, can't believe you are 30! BUT I will still always be 2 years older. AND it is great that your are in your new house, I want to see it.

Heather said...

We hope you had a great birthday! I'm so glad we were able to spend some of it with you! Love you!

Jewels said...

Jumping out of the box is classic-how cute!! I'm glad you had a fabulous birthday but I think we are all still 20! Thanks for letting us celebrate with you :)