Monday, December 15, 2008

Sea World!!

We were lucky enough to get an early Christmas present last weekend. Steve flies alot for work and he had accumulated 3 free flights. He had taken Caden buffalo hunting and their going pig hunting in March, so he said, "take Halle and go do something fun!" We thought about going to Vegas to see a show, or NYC to see Wicked, but I figured she's probably still a little young for that. So we decided to do Sea World. We went 2 years ago as a family and the kids loved it. It's low key and usually not very crowded, so we thought we'd try it again. I told Halle she could bring a friend but after much ponder, she decided to ask Caden. Steve was happy to stay home with Carson. They hung out with my family all weekend! Surprise, surprise!!
We had so much fun just the 3 of us. We stayed minutes away from Sea World, at The Dana on Mission Bay. My kids love staying at hotels. They love swimming of course, but they love just chillin in the room and ordering room service and watching movies!
The weather was great! The first night we were there, the hotel was playing "How the Grinch stole Christmas" on a big projector at the pool. So the kids could sit in the hot tub or swim in the pool as they were watching the movie. I was able to kick back with a strawberry daqari (virgin, of course) and read a great book (Grace, by: Richard Paul Evans...sooo good!)

We always love the dolphin show. I wondered if it would be the same one from 2 years ago...and it is! You know, when the pretend mom falls in the water! The first time I saw that, I about wet my pants I was so scared!

We weren't able to feed the dolphins this time, they closed at 4:00..how stupid! But we were able to feed the sea lions. They are so loud.
I had to be a brave mom! Steve is always the one to touch the gross fish they feed them, but I had to be tough and hand them out to Caden and Halle. Halle, of course, thought it was disgusting too!!
We can't go ANYWHERE without getting our faces painted!

One of the rides the kids rode in this little Sesame Street kiddieland thing. This ride is like The Teacups at Disneyland. I was getting sick just watching them.
It was fun to go at Christmas time with all the lights and trees everywhere. They had Christmas music playing over all the speakers.



It was so much fun to spend some quality time with my big kids. We were able to laugh and talk without being interrupted by Carson (or dad)! I think it's so important to spend one on one time together! We were able build alot of fun memories! I love you guys!

7 comments:

Achtung Amy! said...

Mindy...please tell Tiffany hello from Amy Reynolds. I use to work with her back at RC Willey in 1995. Its been a long time. :)

YeatesFam said...

That is SOOOOO cute! Mind, I'm so glad that you guys were able to do this! Call us during your break!

Love ya Louise!

Hilary said...

What a great idea! I love that she wanted to invite her brother, what a sweet sister. You are not only a brave mom for holding the fish but also for traveling with two kids to somewhere other than Utah!! You are awesome!

Melanie said...

I love Seaworld! We went last year at Christmas time..a good time of the year to go! Looks like you had a fun time.

Jewels said...

How Fun!! You are so brave to go alone! We loved going at Christmastime-so festive! We'll have to go together one year! See you tomorrow-you better be there!

Stephanie said...

I would of let Brooke go, you should of asked! haha
How fun! I would love to do that with my kids. Those are my favorite times when they are one one one, good for you!

buzzanna said...

You guys are so fun! And you are adventurous too, I think I would be nervous to take my kids on an airplane and drive in CA traffic without Buzz. You're awesome.

We missed you Saturday night, it was another fun time.

I was suprised to see my sister's post on your blog. Small world I guess.