Friday, May 21, 2010

Sophie Diane

Our little Sophie is here...2 weeks ago! I'm a little late at posting, I forgot how much time newborns take!! I went in for an appointment at 37.4 weeks feeling not so great. My blood pressure was up, I had a headache that would not go away and their was protein in my urine. What the heck...I have never had any problems with any of my other pregnancies so this threw me for a loop. Anyway, my doctor said she wanted to start me the next day, which was Wednesday May 5th. I had a ward shower planned for Thursday and Halles birthday party was scheduled for Friday...I asked if the induction could wait till Saturday, but Dr. Boheen said no!! The kids and I drove up to Steves work to tell him the news and the rest of the day was crazy!! So much to do and so many phone calls to make. My shower and the birthday party had to get rescheduled but here is our new babe... The labor was your typical labor...a little more painful than I remember, but I'm blaming that on age!!
The kids couldn't wait to see their new sister!



Finally...a sister for Halle!

Sophie was 7 lbs. even and 19 inches long...just a little thing, but she was 2 1/2 weeks early! She has been a great baby and we can't get enough of her!

I LOVE the hospital! It is a vacation to me! It was, of course, a party!!!


We never did get a family picture, but here I am with my 4 chillins'...when did I get so old??
Thanks you everyone, for all your help and support! We appreciate all the gifts and phone calls and help with the kids. We couldn't have done it without you!
My beautiful neighbors...thank you for the shower! You guys are amazing!!
12 days old!

8 comments:

Melanie said...

I have been waiting to see pictures..congrats to you guys! Our babies are pretty close- not even a week apart.
I made my blog private--send me an email if you want to be invited. ctr7726 @ aol.com

Heather said...

She's so adorable! We are happy she is finally here and that everybody is happy and healthy! Your family is so cute. Sophie just fits right in! We love you! Congratulations!

Hilary said...

She is breathtaking!! I am so glad that things went so well. Congratulations!!!

Jewels said...

I am so happy that Hallie finally got her little sister! She is absolutely precious and I can't wait to watch her grow up. I am excited to do the "twin" baby thing with you again-here's to a fun Summer!!

Niki said...

She is adorable! I have got to come and see her, I am a bad friend, but I promise I have thought about you guys a ton!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! She is SOOO adorable! Hope your feeling good :)

Megs said...

She is darling. I am so jealous that you have 2 boys and 2 girls. JJ really wants a brother. Have fun with her. I miss having a yummy baby in the house.

Brianne said...

Congratulations Mind, she is beautiful!!!