Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Keep up with the kids...

Since Steve and I got put into scouts, we thought we should probably be more on top of Cadens awards. With our move and living in the rental for 10 months, we just hadn't been good at sending Caden to scouts and working on achievements. Well, we got our act together and Caden was able to earn his bobcat at this last pack meeting. He loves scouts and is so excited to become a bear and be in our den!
Carsons preschool just went on a fieldtrip to the firestation. Usually Carson will stick right by me, but he was very into this excursion. He listened to everything the firemen had to say and climbed in and out of the fire truck numerous times!


Halle just had "Zoo Day" in her 1st grade class. They each had to do a report on an animal, Halle chose a beaver. They had about a week to do it and she kept reminding me that it needed to be done, I would say "Halle, we'll do it Sunday night and you can hand it in on Monday". Well, Saturday morning she woke me up and said, "Mom, my report is all done." She had written her first report all by herself, including capital letters and periods. I felt like mom of the year, but how proud I was that she is so dang smart and on top of things. Seriously, I didn't have to fix anything, she did so good!
Halle and Emily

2 comments:

buzzanna said...

They seem so grown up! We're in the same boat with busy kids. I love all of it, and they do too, but it does make for a lot of running around. It makes me love Sunday's even more.

Jewels said...

Wow, Caden actually makes that hideous scout shirt look great! I want to see you and Steve in scout shirts too! We need to plan something soon-miss you! I hope all is well in baby land, I am ready to pop!!