Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Memorial Day at Lake Powell

Well, Lake Powell season has officially started!! We got our summer off to a great start with a trip to our favorite summer sun spot. This trip was filled with the Hibler clan...which is always a great time. Steves sister, Brenda, and her family were out with their houseboat and Steves mom and dad and Diane and Anna were in the slip on their houseboat, so we had quite the party!!
For some reason, the kids LOVE catching fish right off the houseboat. Halle caught this one with her Princess pole! I have to say, Steve is so patient with all the maintence and work that goes into the houseboat. He says he is relaxing, but he is always doing SOMETHING!! This includes helping the kids put bait on thier poles and getting them unstuck!! His patience is one thing I fell in love with when I met him!!

Carson and his grandpa

Due to it raining for 2 days (thats Memorial Day for ya'), the kids enjoyed hanging out playing "Go Fish" and watching movies!!
playing in the sand...making a "hot tub"

catching lizards with uncle Craig

water weinie fun
with the help of his uncle Ty, Caden learned how to wake board!! It took him a few tries (4 to be exact) and then he was a pro!!

Halle suprised us and said she wanted to knee board. For some reason, watching her makes me so nervous.

I love Lake Powell, cuz the kids get to get down and dirty and just be kids. They each took a turn burying each other. They thought it was so fun...even uncle Chris got in on the fun!!
you can't go to Lake Powell without a little rock jumping. Here is grandpa at his best!! He loves the water.
Uncle Chris

Janna

I'm sure I could get turned into DCFS for this, but how do you say "no" when they are so excited to jump!!! He is one brave sucker!!
I know, I'm a bad mom!! They gotta learn sometime, right.

And here is our DAD!!! Yes, he is wearing a speedo. If you look closely, his swimsuit is floating in the lake. It was thrown in after his awesome strip show!!! What a wierdo!!

Until, next weekend (ward friends).......

3 comments:

Hilary said...

This looks like a blast!!! I wish I was there too!

Jewels said...

HOW FUN!!!! It makes me so excited for our trip down there! I hope you aren't too Lake Powelled out by August! Have fun this weekend.

buzzanna said...

Holy cow, I'm laughing at Steve's pic. So fun...the picture of Caden jumping freaked me out.

You guys have so much fun!